For learning and teaching to take place successfully, it is essential to create circumstances where it is possible for children to learn and teachers to teach. This policy draws on current thinking and practice relating to relationships and behaviour, a key factor in enabling pupils to achieve personal growth and reach their full potential.
At New Ash Green Primary school we are committed to improving relationships and behaviour within school.
At New Ash Green we aim:
- To provide a happy, secure, inclusive, caring environment, where all feel valued
- To celebrate all success
- To ensure that each individual realises their full potential
- To provide inclusive support systems which promote personal, social and emotional development
Our agreed aims which are crucial to the success of this policy are:
- To be consistent with how we carry out our approaches to behaviour and relationships. Approaches should be mirrored throughout the school.
- To treat children fairly, but not the same, considering individual needs and challenges
- To communicate well as professionals to support the children in our school.
- To build strong relationships between adults and pupils, pupils and pupils, adults and adults
- To have high and attainable expectations
- To ensure our approaches to behaviour and relationships are meaningful and positive
Our policy is underpinned by British Values
INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY AND MUTUAL RESPECT, DEMOCRACY, THE RULE OF LAW, TOLERANCE OF THOSE OF DIFFERENT FATHS AND BELIEFS
Through our policy we promote the school learning powers
- Be curious
- Have a go
- Be cooperative
- Use your imagination
- Don’t give up
- Enjoy learning
- Keep improving